Tuesday, April 26, 2011

No Pants


When I picked Lincoln up from school the other day, he was so proud to show me the hat he'd made. I couldn't believe he was wearing it, but he was so excited about it. He wore it all the way home so he could show Daddy. We were changing his clothes when this funny thing happened:

Mommy: Here are your shorts, Lincoln.

Lincoln: No pants.

Mommy: No, you need to put these on so we can play.

Lincoln: No pants.

Mommy: Don't you want to go out and play. You have to wear the shorts to go outside.

Lincoln: No pants.

Mommy: What do you want to do?

Lincoln: Watch a movie.

Mommy: You have to wear these to watch the movie.

Lincoln: No pants.

I thought about the parenting strategies I knew and decided we were going with no pants! I had offered him choices twice (going outside and watching a movie) that required putting on the shorts to do something fun. He chose no pants each time. So no pants! What a weirdo! The funny thing is, he wore the shorts to school today without even mentioning no pants. I guess he just didn't want to wear pants! I try to go along with his independence with limitations, but sometimes a kid just doesn't want pants.


While Linc was in school today, Beau got to play with one of his cool toys! This electronic Mickey book reads stories aloud with lots of neat sounds. Beau enjoyed listening to it and the songs at the end of each story. Don't tell Linc that Beau's sneaking his stuff!

After all the fun stories, Beau fell asleep. I hope he enjoyed the quiet playing because it wasn't long before a loud Lincoln was home ready to destroy the peace.

No comments: