Thursday, April 14, 2011

Beau is 1 Month Old

This is has been one wild and crazy month. Things seem so normal now, and it seems like forever has passed since the day Beau was taken to the NICU. I'm so thankful for the staff that took care of Beau . . . if only they could see him now! Here's what up with Beau at one month.

Weight: 10 lbs! Yes, that's right. He is quite the healthy eater, and I'm happy to oblige! That's a big gain from the 7lbs 4 oz he started at.

Attire: Those newborn onesies are so yesterday!!! We've squeezed into our last newborn outfit and are moving to 0-3 months immediately! Also, Beau is really filling out the size 1 diapers.


Sleeping: We're on a great 3 hour schedule during the days and napping is going well. I guess you haven't hit your brother's old "30 minute nap routine" yet. The last feeding is at 9:30 pm and I usually get to sleep until 3:30 or 4:00 before the wakeup call. I'm very appreciative of the extra hours!


Fun times: Beau is definitely not as interested in the play mat/gym like Lincoln was. We do lots of tummy time, and it usually goes well. He's content on his belly! There's one weird place that Beau loves - the bathroom! He loves to lay on the mat while Lincoln takes his bath. I don't know if it's the lighting, the sound of Lincoln splashing, or our bathtime singing that keeps him happy, but he's totally happy there.

Sometimes a kid just has to crash! All in all, Beau is a very sweet and cuddly one month old. He seems pretty sleepy still to me, but I know that's changing fast. He's learned to wake up precisely at 6:00 pm the last two nights to interrupt our dinnertime. I think he likes when I read to him, so I do that before each nap. He's pretty alert and aware during our nightly strolls, though Lincoln's constant loudness may be a factor in that. I love my little family of four, and Lincoln couldn't have a better little brother. Happy One Month!

1 comment:

Dale said...

shooting in manual or do I detect a piece of new equipment? Cute pictures - precious boys.