Friday, April 1, 2011

Lincoln is Two Years Old!!!!

First off, let me say I can't believe I'm grown up enough to have a two year old!!! That makes me feel pretty old . . . older than just having a two week old! We've all grown up so much in the last two years, including Lincoln! He has taught me so many things about patience, wisdom and most of all love. Linc is a fits the classic oldest child model - bossy, type A, incredibly smart and determined. So here are the facts about Lincoln at two years old.

Weight - 26 lbs. I'll probably stop posting his weight soon - I'd hate if someone was posting mine! Many of our eating struggles have eased, but he's still a little picky. His faves are green beans (eats them like candy!), turkey or ham, ChickfilA nuggets, bananas and strawberries, pretzels and chocolate. Hates ice cream and Popsicles, spaghetti, and anything like a casserole.

Height: 34 in. - He has a very long torso, but not long legs. Most shorts look like manpris on him!

Fun Stuff: Lincoln definitely loves his Mommy, but he and Daddy got along really well while Mommy was in the hospital. Each night he asks "Mommy do it?" when it's time to read a bedtime story, but he really enjoys Daddy to do it too. I like listening to them on the monitor. He recently picked a new book for bedtime about a train. It's really, really long with lots of words, so I just made up a story to go with the pictures. Last night he "read" me the story word for word like I tell it. I guess I'll be in trouble when he learns to read! I'm always telling him how much I love him, and he recently started saying it purposefully too. (That's a big difference from just repeating it!) I love hearing him say I love you Mommy (or Daddy or Beau) - melts my heart!

Smarts: Linc is totally the smartest kid I know! He can say all of his ABCs and even recognize some of the letters. He can count to 13, and sometimes higher. He knows all of the colors and shapes, of course. We play "find the . . ." very often, and he has to locate whatever I've just named. He's extremely good a finding all the items (or pictures in a book) that I can think of. Reading is still lots of fun, especially now that he's got such a great vocabulary and recognition of things. He can pretty much tell the story of any book. His teacher told us that she was asking the kids questions after reading a book to the class. Her first question was about the color of the dog in the story. Lincoln stood up and recapped the entire book for the other kids instead of just answering the question. Overachiever!!!

Brother Stuff: Lincoln is a really great big brother to Beau, and he has handled this addition to our family quite well. He's always asking what Beau's doing, or if he can play, or telling him "Mone, Beau." He is helpful with Beau's diaper changes (turns on the lamp for us), Beau's laundry (carries the basket to and from the laundry room), and Beau's pacifier (tries to cram it in his mouth!). I'm not always sure Beau likes how close Linc gets, but one day I know they'll be inseparable. The only time we have an issue is when I'm nursing. He says, "No more drink the baby milk, Beau!" or occasionally "Lincoln drink the baby milk on the other side?" (Definitely not!!!) He usually gets bored and goes back to playing, but he's always ready for us to join him. He's gotten into hugging Beau lately, and I bet Beau thinks he's being attacked!


I'm sure I have the best two year old ever, and I'm definitely the luckiest mom around. I know Lincoln will continue to amaze me and teach me even more.

No comments: