Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Monday Happenings

Just to keep reminding myself, I'm posting another sweet picture of Linc and Beau sharing a "brother moment." I know one day I'll look at these pictures in disbelief as they are trying to punch each other out! Lincoln is really sweet with Beau and still wants to be involved in everything we do. He pats him, hugs him, lays ON him unfortunately, smothers him with blankets, and is constantly talking to him. He really tries to do the same things that we do, so at least he's paying attention.

We began the dreaded Tummy Time this week, though Lincoln thinks it's pretty fun. Perhaps it's not so bad for Beau when Linc is right next to him on his tummy too. He doesn't like it all the time, but he handles it pretty well. Beau is very strong already and has good control, though he bobbles around after too long.

Our sweet friend Nancy gave Linc the best present ever . . . a life size Elmo that sings and talks!!!! So far Elmo has sat at the dinner table with us, sat on the potty in the bathroom, participated in Tummy Time, watched a video on my lap (with Lincoln and Beau, my lap was pretty full!), and most other things we've done in the last day. Thanks Nancy!!

We're having lots of fun and staying busy, and Beau is more alert all the time. Also, I think he's going through a growth spurt right now because he's eating so much all the time! I'll have to weigh him tonight to see how much he's gained. His little newborn shirts are getting snug around the belly!!! Fun story: This morning Lincoln looked at my stomach and said, "Mommy, belly all gone!" Not quite, sweetie, but Mommy's working on it!

No comments: