Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lots for a Mommy to Love

I love reading to these boys. We all sat down for a few books the other night and had lots of fun. Lincoln has been reading "The Five Little Pumpkins" to me lately. He's so funny (and very proud of himself) when he knows the words. Of course, he wants Elmo and Ernie to hear the story too. I don't know if we're ever far from Elmo and Ernie. They accompanied us to Target today, though I insisted they wait in the car for us while we shopped. He reluctantly agreed, after asking a million times if they'd still be in the car when we got back.


I love when Lincoln wants to hug Beau . . . I'm not sure Beau feels the same! I'm constantly reminding Linc to be careful, be gentle, be easy, etc. I don't think any of those are concepts a toddler understands though.


I love that Lincoln loves Easter Eggs! To my surprise, Lincoln asked on the way home from school if we could "do the eggs and put on stickers"! I was thrilled - I think I've finally found an Easter Buddy!!! I happily boiled a dozen eggs so we could get started. He was elated when he saw the kit had Mickey's gang. He even gave me a few minutes of wearing the included Mickey Ears.


The best part of the whole process is the stickers . . . he waits as patiently as a two year old can while the eggs dye and dry. I'm sure that takes an eternity to him! Luckily Beau is napping well right now, so we have plenty of time for eggs.

We now have lovely Mickey eggs to display. Don't tell Linc, but I tossed the previous batch of Easter Eggs. They definitely don't keep for long, and though my container is smell-proof, I decided they'd served their purpose. He immediately spotted the egg dyeing kits at Target tonight. Of course I bought it!!!! This is the best money I've spent in a while!

No comments: