Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Easter Eggs!

Since we're so into crafty things these days, I decided it was time for Lincoln to learn about dyeing Easter Eggs. I LOVE Easter Eggs . . . dyeing them, decorating them, hiding them, hunting them, and anything else you can do with them. As a kid (I was the only kid in my family for 13 years-even no cousins), all of the grown ups hunted eggs with me for hours each Easter. Seriously, I loved it! Anyway, today I introduced the process to Lincoln. He helped me choose the colors, waited (semi)patiently while the dye worked, wanted to stir the eggs in the cups, and loaded them with stickers when they dried.

Here's the masterpiece! I have a Mickey Mouse egg kit for another day. I hope he actually enjoys this so I don't have to dye them by myself every year. I have lots of fun stuff for his Easter basket too, so he'll really get into it. The school is having a hunt on Friday, so he'll get more practice!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And we loved hunting eggs with you. Good memories! A. didn't enjoy doing that as much as you did.