Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bubbles and Baths

Sweet little Beau really seems to enjoy bathtime. He's moved up to the reclining tub, and it's much easier for Mommy! I don't think it's really clear in this picture, but he's quite the chub! The official weigh-in is 11.5 lbs (at 6 weeks)! I think that's pretty hefty, especially for a kid who started out in the NICU.

Linc and I opened a new bubble package this afternoon while Beau napped, and nothing makes this kid happier! Sometimes he is happy to cheese out for the camera (or camera phone in this case), and sometimes he yells, "No cheese Mommy!" I guess I caught him in the right mood. Note to self: before taking important Easter pictures, hand him a new bubble set!
I met with Lincoln's teacher today for Parent/Teacher Conference. They do this a few times a year to make sure we're all clear on the developmental goals and where he stands. He's doing great and has already met many of the 2-3 year old milestones. Miss Syreeta marveled at his communication and vocabulary skills, of course! She also noted that he plays well with the other kids and really enjoys the activities they do. We're going to work on cutting with preschool scissors, tossing the ball underhanded, and communicating our feelings (mad, sad, etc). I've been taking Linc to school a lot lately (instead of Kevin), and he's totally excited to go each morning. As soon as we get in his class he says, "Later Mommy! Take Beau home!" It is a wonderful feeling that he loves his school, loves his teachers, and loves his friends . . . I always dread that he'll cry about me leaving him there, and I'm happy that's not the case!

No comments: