Thursday, August 2, 2012

Just Cute Stuff!

Wednesday's swimming lesson was super fun!!!!  It was Water Safety Week, and the kids really enjoyed the boating lesson!  Lincoln was thrilled to get in the boat and loved to float in his life jacket.  He told me later all about shouting for "help" and for a grown up to call "91".  (He didn't get all of 911, but he was the only one of the kids to get the concept!  I'll take that!)  We stopped for a Slurpee at 7/11 after the lesson, and Lincoln won over the store manager with all of his chatting and cuteness.  We have been promised free Slurpees on our next visit . . . Lincoln can charm anyone!
 Thursday was a Nana and Pops Day, and the boys really had a great time!  Nana is great to text me pictures of all of the fun throughout the day.  After naps, they got busy with crafts . . . Linc was painting and Beau was stamping.  I loved the artwork that they proudly showed off.  I was told that they enjoyed an indoor camp out, fun parachute games, lots of cinnamon rolls, and plenty of books and craft projects.
 After a full day inside, we needed to get out and socialize.  Our trip to Tom Tom was quite eventful!  Lincoln marched all through the store telling everyone who would listen what was on his list.  He informed a man in the freezer section that we weren't buying Popsicles today because we still had some at home, but that we would buy the shape Popsicles when we ate all of the ones in the freezer.  Thanks to that guy who politely acknowledged Linc's story!  While grabbing another (probably the millionth) gallon of milk, Beau spotted a box of Cheez-Its within grabbing distance.  He held on to the box with a death grip!!! 
 Cheez-Its weren't on the list, but I couldn't pry the box out of his hands.  We continued our shopping for at least five minutes while he kept the box safely in his grasp.  I'm thinking I'd rather buy a whole box of Cheez-Its for $2.00 than this box of 10 little individually packaged bags for $5.00, but he's breaking my heart with his cuteness . . . ok, I'm sold!!  
Seconds after I took this picture and texted it to Daddy, we pulled up to the yogurt section.  Beau dropped the Cheez-It box in less than a second and demanded strawberry yogurt!  Win-win for all!  We dumped the Cheez-Its and bought the yogurt that we were out of and saved $$$.  Food is serious business for Beau!  These guys never fail to entertain me!  I never know what the next day holds for us, but I'm praying for fun-fun-fun!  It's Splash Day at school, followed up by the mobile library and the ice cream truck! 

No comments: