Sunday, August 12, 2012

Getaway!

After a few stressful weeks work stuff and our case of Hand Foot Mouth Disease, Mommy and Daddy needed to take a quick getaway to recharge.  We headed south to Houston to get a little relaxation!  The Magnolia Hotel in downtown was amazing.  I spent a few hours at the rooftop pool enjoying the sun and a book . . . and a pool full of bachelor and bachelorette party participants!  It was awesome people-watching, and I'm so glad that I'm not 25 and in their group!!!!  Houston is seriously HOT right now . . . I was thinking I was prepared for that because Dallas is too, but that humidity is crazy!  Of course I didn't take a picture of me lounging by the pool, but I did snap one of Minute Maid park just a few blocks away because we were going there later in the day.
 We hung out a few of Daddy's favorite Houston places before we checked out an Astros game at Minute Maid Park.  As we were getting ready, I unloaded my purse of all sharp or weird-sized items, knowing that I would need to sit on it due to the crazy-hot seat I would get in the ball park.  Not true in Houston though . . . their ball park has a roof and is totally air conditioned!  This Rangers fan who only goes to games at The Ballpark in Arlington is seriously used to the heat, and this was an amazing change!  We didn't even break a sweat!  Unfortunately the Astros are terrible, but that meant that we got incredibly good seats just a few rows off the field.  I even found myself cheering for the home team!  They are joining our AL division next year, so I'll have to relinquish my one-time fan status. 
It was a fairly quick getaway, but Kevin and I had a great time together.  It's so weird for us to do anything without the boys.  This is only the second time I've left Beau for the night, and only the fourth time I've left Lincoln for the night.  Perhaps they would like me to do this more often . . . they had so much fun with Nana and Pops this weekend!  I got lots of text updates and pictures, they went on a couple of fun adventures, and everyone enjoyed the weekend.  Kevin and I slept until 11:00 on Sunday morning, and my response to Kevin's inquiry of when the last time we slept that late was February 2009.  We were greeted with "Welcome Home" signs and "We Missed You" artwork and lots of hugs!!!  We missed Lincoln and Beau while we were away and talked about them most of the time.  I think we were all happy to be reunited, and we quickly got back into the routine of home.  Thanks to Nana and Pops for taking great care of the boys and for following my crazy 3 page list of instructions, and thanks to Kevin for planning a fun weekend that was stress free and fun for this Mommy who never goes more than 15 miles away!  I think we need to do this again . . . I'm just not sure how soon! 

No comments: