Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Toy Jackpot

I've been thinking that Beau is getting bored with his baby toys lately. He's always more interested in Lincoln's toys, but lots of them have smaller parts that are not approved for baby chewing. I decided it was time for new toys. No, we didn't buy a single new toy . . . this savvy Mommy had an ace up her sleeve. I unloaded one of the storage boxes of Lincoln's old toys and gave everyone a few nights of excitement! Of course Lincoln doesn't remember these "semi-baby" toys, and Beau hasn't ever seen them before. Score! (Yes, Beau does wear clothes most of the time. He'd just spit up on his shirt, so I decided he could go shirtless for the rest of the night. My laundry card was full!)

The toys in question are a stand up/music table, a shape sorter, a barn, an animal train, a ring set, and two spinning tops. I could have sworn it was Christmas morning around here when the box was emptied. Hmmm . . . maybe I should have waited until Christmas morning! They're fighting over them like crazy, and Beau is thrilled that he has things to interest him AND he gets to play with Lincoln at the same time. I definitely call that a toy jackpot!

No comments: