Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap

This year we have even more to be thankful for . . . our health, our families, our safety, and an extra little man in our lives. Lincoln and Beau are the most wonderful blessings ever, and we should remember to give thanks for them every minute! (Yes, even when they're crying or throwing fits!) Minnie, Bubbles and Ally came to spend the long weekend with us, and Lincoln kept yelling, "I so me-cited!" That's his version of I'm so excited. Too cute! They were busy for three straight days with reading books, working puzzles, hiding, crawling, taking walks, sliding, climbing, shopping, singing, and everything else they could think of.

We also managed a yummy Thanksgiving feast on Thursday. Daddy is still wary of my turkey cooking skills and ordered a fried turkey. (It was very yummy, but I did make a turkey a few years ago that wasn't too shabby.) I made yeast rolls and dressing, and Kev made mashed potato casserole and green bean casserole. For dessert we had cupcakes! I know pie is much more traditional, but everyone loves cupcakes! I had standard yellow with chocolate icing (plain yellow for Linc) and pumpkin with cream cheese icing. It was the perfect dessert! Lincoln ate turkey and rolls (with a few steamed carrots and green beans), and Beau had baby sweet potatoes and puffs!
Thanks to Minnie, Bubbles and Ally for coming to visit. We had so much fun this weekend. My kids got lots of love, and I got lots of time to cook and even shop a little with Ally. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments: