Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's Not Always Sunny

I usually just talk about the funny, silly and cute things that my kids do, but I don't have any of that for this post. Poor Beau has really had a time with teething this weekend. Two teeth have broken through since Wednesday, and it's really taking it's toll. He had three baths today because of crazy (all over the place) poop! I'm beginning to feel like I'm covered in it too! He's been eating ok (just bananas and cereal) and drinking most of his milk, but he's just not himself. Even his amazingly blue eyes aren't as bright right now. He woke up with a fever of 99.2 this morning and it had climbed to 100.3 after his nap. A few doses of medicine seemed to help, but I hate seeing him miserable. Just before bedtime, a whole new Beau showed up. He was as happy as he's been in days. I loved ending the day that way. On a surprising note, we were actually ready early for church this morning. (That's never happened!) I tried to take a few pictures of the boys looking cute. Instead I got Beau, smiling through his teeth pain:

And Lincoln, hiding between the couch and chair being totally two and a half!
Despite all the teething pain and terrible two-ness, we had a nice family weekend. I don't think any of us have laughed this much. Lincoln can be the silliest kid ever, and Beau, Daddy and I just eat it up! I can't imagine how he comes up with the things he does. Amazing kid! It was wonderful to have nothing to do this weekend, except be together. We weathered a few storm clouds, but isn't there always a rainbow to look forward to?

No comments: