Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Tooth Fireman

Baby Beau is growing up so fast. It seems like he wasn't a baby for very long! Before I knew it, he was sitting, crawling and even creeping along the furniture. Where's my Baby Beau? To add to his big kid-ness, his first little tooth has broken through! I was prepared for mountains of drool, a fever and incredible fussiness, but Beau's teething experience is different than Lincoln's was. Beau isn't much of a drooler, hasn't had any fever yet and is only fussy when he's left alone with no entertainment. Totally different than Lincoln! I felt the first prick of a tooth popping out on Wednesday afternoon. By Thursday night, the whole top of the tooth has emerged. I can also feel the tooth beside that one about to break through. He's still a happy kid - life is good!

As long as there's something good to chew on, Beau's okay! Tonight it was a fireman. This thing never left him while we had family playtime.

Not only is it awesomely relieving on his gums, the fireman is pretty cool to look at and play with too!

I sensed some aggression in the forceful chewing occasionally. This moment required two hands!

Firemen always save the day - real or plastic! Instead of the Tooth Fairy visiting our house, I think we had a visit from the Tooth (pain-relieving) Fireman!

Lincoln's class just had fire safety week, so we've been talking about that a lot lately. Perhaps Beau picked up on the idea when he chose the fireman as his chew toy this evening. Always learning, I think. Thank you Mr. Fireman for comforting my baby.

No comments: