Monday, November 14, 2011

Beau is 8 Months Old

Beau is 8 months old today, and he is such a big boy! I am sure that he's the smartest, sweetest, strongest 8 month old ever . . . no offense to Lincoln who was also the smartest, sweetest, strongest 8 month old ever! Beau constantly amazes me with his determination. Is that a good sign or a bad sign? I'm trying not to picture what the teen years may behold! Here's what's up with Beau at 8 months.


Weight - 20 lbs - Beau's pretty hefty, in a fat cheek/squeezable kind of way. He's a good eater and has just been introduced to baby Cheetos. Yum! His favorite baby foods are squash, sweet potatoes, bananas, and the apple/pear combo. His teachers have my permission to give him school food to expand his taste buds. All of his recent teething has gotten in the way of this, but I know he'll enjoy it. He went crazy of Goldfish crackers the other day!

Height - no clue - We got out the yard stick this weekend to measure, but Lincoln ended up measuring me instead. Just in case anyone wants to know, he pronounced me 33. (I think he was thinking of my age!)

Crawling - Beau is the fastest 8 month old crawler I've ever seen! I can't leave him anywhere! I get him all set up with toys all around then sneak out to start the laundry/dishes/trash. Before I can get anything done, he's crawled all the way through the house to get to me. He also figured out that he can reach up to the fireplace and pull up to standing. He loves to stand but hasn't mastered holding on!

Teeth - Three teeth broke through in just 9 days! Can we have a teething break? He's gotten much better at dealing with the symptoms, but I'd like him to feel 100% again for awhile. I'd also like a break from the Ibuprofen doses!

Sports - Oh, yes! Beau plays soccer! Lincoln has a soccer goal and a few balls in the front yard. Lincoln assigned me the yellow/green soccer ball yesterday to kick in the net. While holding Beau, I kicked it a few times. Beau loved it and laughed so hard! So I decided Beau should "kick" the soccer ball too, and he went crazy with laughter.

I love every moment I get to spend with Beau, and I can't believe he's growing up so fast. (I say that every month!) He's such a sweetie!

I tried to get a picture of his teeth, but the mouth-open smile wasn't happening. Instead I got two shots that are pure gold!
We love you Beau! Thanks for giving us 8 great months, and we can wait for a million more!

No comments: