Monday, November 28, 2011

Hanging with Beau

It is rare that I get to hang out with Beau without running Lincoln interference. Linc was busy bossing around Bubbles and Minnie over the Thanksgiving holiday, and Beau and I had a moment together.

Beau is talking plenty, just not in people words! I'm always trying to get him to say mama, dada, baba, or Lincoln. Nothing yet! He was really trying to say Bubbles this weekend, but he just couldn't make the right sound come out. He looks at me really intently when I'm coaching him, but he just doesn't have it figured out yet. I know Lincoln was already saying mama at this age, so I'm pushing him hard. On the flip side, Beau is a crawling, pulling up, standing, trying to walk machine. He's super strong for an 8 1/2 month old!
Because Beau is never content to lay around, we had to move his crib to the lowest setting already. He's figured out how to pull up and stand in his crib when he wakes up in the morning. I'm not at all happy that he's ready to be picked up at 7:00 am, and we're working through this phase. It was much more fun when he just rolled around in there quietly until I came to get him! I think every day is a new phase for Lincoln or Beau, and we're adjusting as best we can. At this point, I'm sure Beau is a running back in the making, as he bulldozes anything in his way! Does the NFL pay enough for retirement for Mommy and Daddy?!?!

No comments: