Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Who's Sick? Not Linc!

Apparently Lincoln is a little under the weather, but you'd never know it. He's the silliest, giggliest, funniest kid ever! We went to see Dr. K today and discovered that Linc has a sore throat and really swollen glands. (We actually went because Lincoln was complaining about something else, but that turned out to be nothing! I was worried he was getting a urinary/bladder infection and took some of his pee to have it tested. No infection there!) Anyway we headed to the Tom Tom Pharmacy and had a little while to play in the store while we waited for our medicine. I had a dancing Santa singing, a Sesame Street music player going, and a Cars toy talking. Needless to say, everyone steered clear of our aisle! To top it off, I put on a Santa hat that bounced around on my head while playing Christmas songs. Lincoln had a blast! He's such a little boy and comes up with totally "boy" things. He discovered that he can suck the cup on his face. He did this a million times and laughed like crazy! Are we really on the way home from getting our antibiotics? He can't really be sick! Each time we ask him how he feels, we get the "I feel good" response.
I'm praying that the medicine helps his throat and glands quickly. I'm also praying that Beau hasn't managed to swallow any of Linc's germs. Dr. K just gave me a "look" when I asked if there was hope that Beau wouldn't get this too. Hey, a mom always has hope! I wash lots of hands, try to keep their toys separate and prevent them from swapping spit. That's all I can do, I guess.

No comments: