Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

There's not much going on today . . . just the usual hanging around the house. It's been so rainy, and we had quite an experience this afternoon. Beau and I headed to pick up Linc from school after the monsoon eased up with my trusty Razorback umbrella in the car - or so I thought! We got to the parking lot, and it wasn't under the passenger seat as usual. I climbed in the back and looked everywhere to no avail. I decided we'd just make a run for it while it was only lightly raining, so I covered Beau with a blanket and ran. (He never even noticed the rain!) I explained to Lincoln that he needed to run beside me back to the car and a little rain would fall on his head, but it would be fine. Not so much!!!! We ran to Beau's side first with him repeating to me that water was hurting his head. He started to cry while I put Beau in, so I grabbed Linc and ran around to his side. Really, you're crying about this! He couldn't even drink from his water cup because it had rain on the top . . . so sensitive! Luckily I had crackers to distract him in the car, and he was singing with a mouthful of Keeblers in less than a minute.

On to less painful topics . . . I took a picture of Beau today that reminded me of one I had of Lincoln around the same age. Here's the comparison of both at about two months.

Lincoln, May 2009

Beau, May 2011After dinner we decided it was time to juggle, but there was just one problem - Daddy wasn't here. Uh-oh, I guess Mommy should have learned after all. After a few feeble attempts, Lincoln grabbed the juggling balls and took over. Really he just counted to ten and threw them up in the air while yelling. Maybe we should all learn to juggle!

I'm hoping for a clear day tomorrow so we can get out and enjoy that wonderful swingset. People get a little crazy in the rain!!!

No comments: