Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Budding Fashion Icon

Sometimes (often) Lincoln suggests what he wants to wear when it's time to get dressed. I humor him when I can, but he can't wear the Sesame Street shirt every day!!! He often hears that his favorite shirts are in the laundry basket. After school today he told me he wanted to wear Sesame Street (laundry), Elmo (laundry), and then Mickey (laundry). I did all the boys laundry three days ago, so of course now his favorites are dirty. He gave up and let me put a regular shirt on him but chose gray shorts to go with it. Then he located the rain boots! Sure, buddy! He walked, or rather clomped around the house all evening with a smile. He must have told me a hundred times, "Lincoln have boots, Mommy." Live it up, dude! Since we're talking laundry, I have a lot of it. I do the boys stuff every few days, and only twice in 9 weeks have I managed to actually put it all away on the same day that I washed it. It usually is all folded in the laundry room for at least a day until I have time to get it to their rooms. I'm glad Kevin uses the dry cleaners for most of his stuff . . . he'd never have clean clothes if I had to do it!

No comments: