Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lincoln's First Sunday School Class

For some amazing reason, we were all ready early for church this morning.  (Perhaps Mommy getting up a few minutes earlier really is helpful!)  I got a picture of Beau looking cute in Daddy's favorite outfit.  Preppy but chill at the same time, I guess.  Beau was a happy guy this morning.
Oh  my goodness - Lincoln looks like he is 12 in this picture!  He'll probably still have that sweet smile and skinny body at 12, so I'll need to do a comparison then.   
This is what I get when I ask for them to take a picture together . . .  a silly face from Lincoln and a fierce cheese with a mouthful from Beau.  I can't think of another picture that sums them up more perfectly!!   
This was my first week as Sunday School teacher in the 4 year old room, and Lincoln was so excited!  He's been talking about it for weeks, and he couldn't wait to get to our room.  He told everyone he saw that his Mommy was going to be the best teacher.  So sweet!!  We were happy to meet Ms. Mary (my teaching partner), her twin boys, and several other new friends.  We were a class of all boys today, and they were all so well-mannered and polite!  We shared the lesson and talked about the story and the verse.  We also got to know each other a little bit during circle time.  Next was craft time, and the boys did some drawing and coloring and then glued colored shapes on Samuel's robe.  We had a little snack break and had one more talk about the lesson. 
 
Since these sweet boys (who each said please and thank you without being prompted and shared sooooo well) had been calm and patient through the learning activities, we had a little fun time at the end of the hour and played Duck Duck Goose, Simon Says and Choo Choo Train.  I just caught the back end of the train!

Before everyone left, I asked who had fun today and was met with all hands in the hair and screams of ME!!!  Next I asked who was going to come back to Sunday School next week and was met with all hands in the air and screams of ME!!!  The loudest screamer was Lincoln, and I'm so glad he loved it.   
I had so much fun teaching my big guy, and I hear Beau and Daddy had fun in big church.  Beau got a new backpack to take his "Beau only" church things in, and it was filled with markers, a notebook, stickers, race cars, books and a snack.  He also had fun giving his offering and going down front for Children's Time.  We started off the day and the fall semester with a successful morning at church.  So thankful for these blessings!

No comments: