Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Beau Update

Someone is still wearing underwear and looking super cute!!!  I wish he was as happy with potty training as this picture looks, but that's not exactly the case.  He just really doesn't want to do it on Mommy's terms (or his teacher's terms either).  He goes sometimes but holds it and fights when he doesn't want to be told to go try.  I guess when super strong-willed Beau decides it's his idea to enjoy the potty, it will all work out.  We prayed about it tonight together, and Lincoln offered to help talk to Beau about it tomorrow.  I know we'll be accident free and barely remembering this little phase of life really soon!  He hasn't lost his charm at least, and we have had lots and lots of hugs and lots and lots of knock knock jokes.  Beau's current favorite is:
Knock knock - Who's there? - Boo! - Boo who? - Awww, why are you crying?
What's not to love about hanging out with a little jokester with a zinger like that?!?!  Sometimes he says all the parts himself and instructs me to just laugh at the end, but occasionally he lets me play the answer part.  (By some stroke of crazy, the Time Warner commercial featuring the kid telling a knock knock joke is on the tv RIGHT NOW as I'm typing this!!!  The boys love that one too, but Beau changes it from Queen my plate to Clean my plate - clearly he doesn't get the funny either.  It took me weeks to explain that Queen sounds kind of like Clean and that's what makes it funny, but Beau's still sticking with Clean.)  And in the midst of a not so fun time like potty training, it's the little things like knock knock jokes that keep us all laughing!
 

No comments: