Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Shoes!

Occasionally, I'm not the most "on top of it" Mom!!  Who could believe that, right?  Lincoln has a pair of school tennis shoes that he wears only to school.  He has church shoes, Crocs and Rain Boots that he wears pretty exclusively outside of school.  As of December 21, Linc was loving his regular school tennis shoes.  I washed them and let them dry after his last day, and he wore only the others for 16 days.  (I'm justifying here, just so you know!)  Apparently his feet have grown like crazy during the break.  He complained on Monday morning that his school tennis shoes were too tight.  I explained that they were kind of tight after they were washed, but they would stretch out during the day.  On Tuesday morning, he gave me the same complaint, so I checked the size.  The tag said 8.  I went and checked his church loafers that I bought a month ago and saw that they are size 10!!!  Whoops, I think this Mommy needed to get to the shoe store pronto!!  I ran over to the Galleria at lunch and picked up a several pairs of shoes for him to try on.  Daddy was surprised by the Air Jordans, but Linc didn't like them.  He picked a pair of Nike Shocks and a pair of Nike Lunarglides . . . both in size 10!!!  It was so fun to try on and model the new shoes.  His first pick was the Nike Shocks.  
The next pick was the (just released, according to the girl at Nordstroms) Lunarglides.  I know Bubbles is definitely happy with Linc's selections.  He would happily wear matching shoes if they were available! 
Lincoln proudly showed of his favorite pairs and made sure to tell me that he needed both.  I'm sure it's a good idea to alternate shoes each day, so Linc wins!!!   
Seriously, he didn't want to put them down!!  You would think he never gets anything new, right?!?!  I'm just glad his little toes won't be smushed again.  Sorry, buddy! 
I didn't take any pictures of Beau during our fitting session, but he really got interested in trying on shoes too. I got a few pairs of Linc's size 8 tennis shoes from the closet so he could participate.  I haven't neglected Beau lately, as he's comfortable in his size 7s.  The boys had so much fun with their new shoes, and I only have a few rejects to return.  I'm pretty sure it's easier to try on a bunch of new shoes in the comfort of home rather than in a busy Nordstroms.  

No comments: