Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Busy Beau

Beau has been keeping us entertained with his super fun personality.  He has so much going on in that little toddler body, and he is the smartest little brother ever.  He's a complete parrot . . . no matter what Lincoln says, Beau is quick to repeat.  We've made some progress on his terrible two stage, and I love that.  He still has a few fits here and there, but they are much shorter and less dramatic.  We made cupcakes after dinner for a fun treat.  Beau doesn't even pick up the cupcake - he just leans over and puts his face in the icing!  I got a cute "cheese" with such a messy face.
One of Beau's most favorite things to do right now is closing doors to play peek-a-boo.  Unfortunately, he also likes to turn the lock and gets himself locked in his and Linc's rooms often.  I hear his shouts of "trapped" and have to rescue him often.  He mostly loves if I stand outside the door so he can surprise me each time he opens the door.  Luckily, I'm rewarded with a super cute smile! 
Everyone we meet - from people in the grocery store to strangers in an elevator at the mall to new parents at school - ask how old Beau is after hearing him converse with me.  Not one person believes that he's not over two years old!  His communication skills are outrageous, mostly because he's Lincoln's little parrot (as mentioned above).  I love that I can really talk to him and get real responses.  Beau gets smarter and sweeter and sassier by the day!  I never know what sweet nursery rhyme or song he'll be singing me . . . or worse, what smartie response he'll give me (mad at you, Mommy) next!  

No comments: