Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Visit with Santa

We made our annual visit to see Santa Claus on Friday afternoon.  It wasn't at our usual Santa stop at the Galleria . . . my office brought in a Santa this year!  The boys get so excited to visit Mommy's office, so they were super happy on the way there.  We walked in the lobby and they spotted Santa . . . whoa, so cool!!!  (We didn't visit with Santa right then because he might have been busy sending a text or checking something on his phone, but my guys wanted to visit my office before chatting with him!)  After chatting up my coworkers and eating everyone's candy, we headed back downstairs to see Santa.  Lincoln was definitely ready to climb up on Santa's knee to talk with him.  He didn't really want to tell Santa anything he wanted as a gift; he was just content to sit there with a big smile.  Beau held back a bit just watching Linc.  I scooped him up and plopped him on Santa's other knee, and he reacted with no cries but definitely no smiles.  Beau wouldn't look at me or Santa!  He just kind of kept his head down or looked at Linc with no expression.  I'm guessing he was thinking, "Ok, Mommy, I'll sit here.  I see that Linc thinks this is fine, but I'm not sure.  No "cheese" from me, but I'm not gonna cry!" 
After the boys had been released from Santa, the big guy tried to win over Beau with chocolate . . . and it worked!!!  Beau was happy to get close to Santa as long as his little basket of chocolates was available!  Little stinker! 
I love that we had a crowd-free, germ-free (there were only three kids there the whole hour!), stress-free, and cost-free visit with Santa!  There might have been a chocolate incident in the car seats on the way home, but everyone got cleaned up and apparently had a fun treat!  Thanks for a fun afternoon, Santa!

No comments: