Sunday, December 2, 2012

Houston Christmas Party = Fun with Nana and Pops

On this sunny and warm Saturday in December, Kevin and I headed south to Houston for the Belukus Christmas Party.  Nana and Pops came over to stay with the boys, and they had lots of fun planned!  Lincoln and Beau were happy to give us hugs and kisses just get out the door . . . they were excited!  The first item on their agenda was the Richardson Christmas Parade that came down Coit on Saturday morning.  I understand that they enjoyed watching a few fire trucks, a marching band, lots of people and a bit of candy.  Thank goodness for candy!
School was in session, and the boys worked on their letters.  Lincoln can definitely recognize and write all the letters, and he's a master at listing words that start with a particular letter.  Beau desperately wants to be part of the lesson and repeats the letters and sounds too.
Houston was fun and super busy.  We stayed at the Westin Galleria, and I was able to lots of shopping at the mall downstairs and drop off my bags upstairs in our amazing hotel room.  I won't lie that the mall has a super confusing layout, and my directionally-challenged mind ended up in the wrong place several times.  Kevin accompanied me for a few minutes but decided that I walked too fast, so off he went on his own errands.  The Christmas Party was held at their own brewery in Houston (Karbach Brewery).  So much has changed since last year when they were a "up and coming" local craft brewery, and there were only a few of us that gathered in the upstairs tasting room.  They have added so much staff and reconfigured the entire brewery to add so many more brewing areas.  Our dinner was super yummy, and in just a few days this entire area will be overtaken with giant tanks to hold the newest recipes.  It's amazing how quickly Karbach has grown, and they are even thinking that it's time to offer their product in Dallas!  After dinner, we had lots of funny gift exchanges, many accolades offered by Chuck and Ken, and plenty of socializing.  Super fun Christmas Party! 
While I was sleeping in (thank you merciful Lord), Linc and Beau were cruising around NorthPark Mall with Nana and Pops.  Of course, the ducks (and turtles) were such a hit!  They look so old in this picture . . . I almost cried when I got the text! 
NorthPark also had lots of fun Christmas houses to check out, and I'm still hearing about the music house and gingerbread house.  I guess we'll need to go back so I can check it out!  So much fun builds up a big appetite, and the boys were thrilled to have an indoor picnic.  I think they got to watch Mickey Mouse Christmas while they dined . . . what could be better?!?! 
This was my 3rd night away from Beau (yes, he's like 21 months old), and I think everyone enjoyed the experience.  I had fun shopping alone, we had a fun grown-up night, the boys had a great time checking on the cats, visiting Marte and Scooter, and going to the mall.  We're all settled back into "normal" with a trip to the grocery store and a yummy dinner prepared by Daddy this evening.  Back to school and work tomorrow . . . I feel like this weekend flew by!

No comments: