Monday, December 3, 2012

Loving Sweet Lincoln

I haven't dedicated much space to Lincoln alone lately, and there is so much to say!  He's the sweetest, smartest, most imaginative little guy ever!  Lincoln loves preschool, and Ms. Shaye confirms that he's definitely the most "in to learning" and "knows all the answers" to everything.  She has him mentoring the younger kids, and they love him!  She still finds ways to challenge him and help him learn more, and he's always coming home with new tidbits!  His class FINALLY got to the letter "L" this week, which is super special for obvious reasons.  The will practice writing the letter, study many words beginning with L, and make lots of L crafts.  He's so excited!  We have begun to tell "make believe" stories lately, and he loves this!  We take turns making up the amazing adventures.  His imagination is unbelievable, and we love to hear what he comes up with.  Lincoln is amazingly aware of everything, and he keeps me on my toes every second.  He is a complete sponge and never forgets one single word that I say . . . so I have to use my words carefully!  He lifts me up as a Mom on a daily basis, and I am so thankful for his sweet heart.  I am so blessed to hear him say, "Mommy, you are so beautiful!" and "Mommy, you are the wonderfulest Mommy ever" and "You are the bestest Mommy ever" several times a day.  I swear he's the sweetest thing EVER!  I always respond that he's the sweetest thing ever to tell me those things.  Occasionally he tells me these things after a frazzled moment when I perhaps wasn't my most beautiful/wonderfulest/bestest ever, and what a great reminder that I should live up to his opinion of me.  I think I am forever a better Mommy because he reminds me to be.  Lincoln mostly loves Beau so much, and he mostly wants to hug him and mostly wants to invite Beau to play.  He's mostly a great brother and mostly Beau's biggest fan . . . mostly.  I can't even believe that Lincoln has grown into such an amazing little boy.  His maturity and geniousness amazes me every day, and our family is so blessed to have him as big brother.

No comments: