Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yogurt is Yummy!

As if I didn't know this about Lincoln already, he's demonstrating his independence and opinions lately. I've aired out our eating troubles, and I'm glad to report he's really gotten interested in food. We pretty much gave up foods that required a spoon because I wanted him to learn to feed himself. Check! Now I'm mixing in regular "pick up" foods with "spoon" foods. Of course, he thinks he needs to be in charge! Here's our attempt at yogurt . . .
"I can do it, Mom!"

"Seriously, Mom! I can do it!"
"See, I told you I've got this!"
I know what you're thinking . . . she always feeds him naked in the highchair. Why would she leave his clothes on and put him on the table for such a messy adventure?!?! I have no idea what I was thinking. Obviously I wasn't thinking. Oh, well . . . live and learn . . . and always be prepared for a bath. I should add that he's not bad at the spoon, if you don't mind a mess. It seems like he paid a lot of attention at mealtimes.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I was in the 2 year old class today and half of those kids just refuse to eat with their utensil no matter how much you encourage it... they actually hold their spoon in one hand and eat with their free hand... the other half use their spoon occasionally. haha