Wednesday, March 3, 2010

11 Months

Personality . . . that's what I have to say about 11 months! It seems that every moment of this month was full of Lincoln's blossoming personality. He is so sweet, so excited, so animated, and also so dramatic, so opinionated and so stubborn. We play cars, read lots of books, throw the ball, and walk (assisted) for fun. He's learning how to put the shapes into the appropriately shaped hole. (He's best at the circle and square.) He loves to crawl under the table and peek around chairs and legs. He squeals with excitement that he's figured out the concept of peekaboo! Walking is still a work in progress. If he can hold onto something, he's gone in seconds! Most of our challenges come at diaper time and meal time. He HATES to have his diaper changed, and I can't understand it. Doesn't he want to have fresh britches? I assure him that it's for his own good - wait, I'm pretty sure that saying makes every kid mad!! Meal time is still challenging, and we both end up in tears occasionally. Sometimes he's interested in eating, and other times he spits out every single thing. Even things I know he likes! Today his favorite foods are cinnamon toast, string cheese, and vanilla wafers. Tomorrow - who knows?
Weight: 19 1/2 lbs - This eating thing is really hampering his weight gain. I hope he gets hungry one day soon!
Height: 29 inches - He seems very tall to me right now, but maybe that's because he's so skinny!
Words: Mama, Dada, Dock - He likes the "ck" sound at the end.
That's all for now. I'm sure I'll have plenty of "personality" blogs in the future!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Love the picture!

Misty said...

Kolby does the food thing too. Some days he loves certain things and the next he is on strike. So frustrating. And he also does not like diaper changes. I always say if you don't fight me it won't take as long. But of course he has no concept of time. Silly babies