Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Big Birthday Celebration!!!!

The day is finally here . . . Lincoln's first birthday party! The cake is ready, the table is decorated, the grill is on, and we're ready to party! Of course we chose a baseball theme because we've watched a lot of baseball together as a family, gone to a few baseball games in this first year, and play with numerous baseballs each day. Lincoln was definitely Rookie of the Year in our book! This is the picture on the birthday invitation:
I got really excited about our theme, and wanted EVERYTHING baseball. Stein's made a delicious cake, and I'm glad we have a little leftover . . . breakfast, lunch and dinner for me!!! Their icing is the best.
Ballpark staples made up the rest of the menu: Hebrew National Hot Dogs, Buttered Popcorn, Nachos, and Cokes! How All-American Baseball can it get! Everyone came hungry and definitely enjoyed the food.
Q:How many guys does it take to cook a hot dog?A: 4 pictured (Eric, Kevin, Jason, and Burt) and 3 not pictured (consultants: Larry, Pops, and Grumps)
Luckily, they were yummy! I think everyone had two!
Bring on the cake! Even though we practiced eating cake, the massive paparazzi flash bulbs in his face and all the pressure to perform must have gotten to Lincoln. I might also mention that his smash cake was HUGE! I should have ordered a cupcake! He stuck his fingers in the icing and wasn't pleased. I took matters into my own hands and dug in myself! He had a lick off my finger and decided it tasted ok.

He still seemed a little intrepid, so we tried another idea: we gave him a spoon! He liked that much better and dug in! He's learning to feed himself with a spoon already so he shoveled a few bites into his mouth.

After some yummy cake, the presents took spotlight. What wonderful gifts he received! Lots of cute outfits that I know he'll make look even cuter! He helped tear the paper and enjoyed looking at the cards. I guess he thought they were mini-books, and we know how he loves looking at books. Thanks for all the cute gifts and Sesame Street cards.

We had to play with a few new toys right away. Lincoln's bestie McCoy was happy to help him try out the new toys. They look at each other with such curiosity, and squeal and pant at each other. It's too funny! Thanks for helping us celebrate, buddy!

Thank you to everyone who came to our party, whether you traveled 5-6 hours or 5-6 minutes. I have TONS of pictures that I'll try to pass around. Happy Birthday to Lincoln!!!!!!

1 comment:

EilandFamily said...

Love your birthday theme! He's getting so big...it's so sad they grow to fast. Where did you get that shirt made? Love it! Take care