Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Trial Run

My mind has been crazy with all things related to Lincoln's first birthday party. Perhaps I'm taking this a bit too seriously! I had this strange thought the other night . . . what if Lincoln didn't like his birthday cake? We had never given him cake so I couldn't imagine what his reaction would be, but all I could see was him spitting it out and shuddering. (Obviously he does this with lots of new foods that I give him!) I read that it takes 7-10 tastes before a baby decides he likes a new food, so I figured I better start now! I made cupcakes for our first trial run. Here's the play-by-play of Linc's first tase of cake:
"Hmmmm . . . this is interesting. It feels nice and moist, but I'm skeptical."
"I guess I'll try a big bite to really get the feel of this thing."
"Uh-oh. This bite was bigger than I thought."
"No turning back now. Just shovel it in."
"Glad I got a new tooth to help me with this!"
Luckily he LOVES cupcakes! He ate the whole thing and would've had more! I don't think we'll have any problem with the birthday cake . . . and we may not have anymore problems with gaining weight either! I hope the weight gain only applies to Lincoln. I managed to avoid eating one, but Kevin has had several already. He thinks he's going through a growth spurt too! For now I'm leaving off the icing, but maybe I'll add that next week.

1 comment:

EmmaBurns said...

Oh Monica!! He has grown so much! I miss working with you.

Love,
Libby Carswell