Thursday, December 17, 2009

Evolution of Bathtime

Way back when . . . Lincoln's first baths were no fun! We went with the sponge bath for a while, and we were all ready to move on to a better bath situation.
The dishpan worked well for a LONG time, though Kevin was sure he was too big for it. Lincoln began to enjoy kicking the water around and bathtime wasn't so horrible.
The next step in bathing was the reclining tub, and it was easier on everyone. I held onto this for way too long, but my back thanked me each time . . . knowing what was coming next!
We finally graduated to the big tub at 8 1/2 months! Lincoln was a bit confused and not too excited at first, but then he got interested in the rubber ducky and decided it would be ok. It is much easier to maneuver with all this space, and I'm sure he'll soon be splashing around like crazy. I'm thinking of getting a hose to attach to the faucet. My crystal ball shows me images of Lincoln playing in the dirt, covering himself in food, and other assorted messes. On second thought, maybe a pressure washer is a better option . . .

1 comment:

the box family said...

i love seeing all of the different stages of bathtime! hopefully, lincoln has lots of water toys!