Wednesday, December 30, 2009

9 months

Whoa - time flies! Lincoln is 9 months old today, and it seems unbelievable! How we have made this far is amazing, and I know Lincoln is teaching me more than I'm teaching him! Here are the details about Lincoln at 9 months:
Weight: 19 pounds (25th percentile) Dr K wants us to work on his weight. He eats everything we give him, so we just need to give him more. I'm working on finger foods, but he prefers me shoveling baby food in his mouth with a spoon. So far he can feed himself sweet potato fries, Cheerios, Puffs, steamed carrots, and chunked pears. Remember the banana incident . . . well it happened again with pineapple! I'll stay away from that one for a while. He enjoyed the taste of chocolate cake I gave him this evening! I wonder where he gets that!
Height: 28 inches (50th percentile) Solid in the height department. He's kind of long waisted with short legs, but I have hope that he'll take after his Daddy!
Sleep: work in progress! He sleeps at night like a champ and always has (knock on wood). Bedtime at 8:00 and up at 7:00. Napping is another story as I haven't figured out how to successfully execute the naptime routine. His teachers tell me the naps will be scheduled and mandatory (taught!) in the 1 year old room, so I guess we'll wait until then to lay down the law.
Lincoln is VERY curious about everything, and nothing escapes his notice. If something catches his eye, he takes off to inspect it. There is a white spot on the brick of the fireplace that drives him crazy! He tries so hard to get it! Our only real word is Mama, and he is selective about saying it. It usually only comes out when he needs something, and I'm sure that will never change! We're working on Dada and Bye-Bye, and he waves occasionally.
We stack blocks a lot! Well, mostly I stack them and he knocks them over! He likes to empty ANY container of all its contents. Every toy box/basket is bare at the end of a play session!
Lincoln's quite the cruiser and can walk around our living room with ease. There's always an ottoman, couch or chair to hold on to. He has taken a real interest in the computer and makes Skype-ing a challenge. He's obsessed with the mouse and wants to click it just like Mommy and Daddy.
He's quite the singer, so he's trying out an instrument or two! His favorite is the drum (popcorn tin), but he'll try anything. The new activity table from Nana even has a piano feature!
The laughs are constant from Lincoln, and I love it! He thinks everything is so funny and can laugh so hard. Silly faces and noises, peekaboo, throwing (him throwing toys and us throwing him up in the air), and tickling get the biggest laughs. He claps for himself often and cheers and kicks his feet when he thinks he's done something great. I love to start Pat-A-Cake or Itsy Bitsy Spider and watch him clap with me. So smart!
What a wonderful 9 months! Being pregnant for 9 months was one thing, but actually having a baby for 9 months is another. Life is truly a miracle from God, and I believe that now more than ever. I love watching every moment!

1 comment:

the box family said...

i can't believe lincoln is doing so much, especially walking!!! mccoy is so impressed and can't wait to catch up...his weight can't keep up cause he's always on the go! "catch me mom, if you can!"