Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

We began our Mother's Day celebration on Thursday with a Mommy brunch at Lincoln's preschool.  He had been secretly practicing songs for weeks and was so excited for me to come!  We ate croissants, muffins and fruit then potted a plant to take home.  (I might have already killed it, but I'm trying my best.)
 Linc and Will (his bestie) posed for a quick picture with one of their favorite teachers, Ms. Tanya.  We didn't get a picture with Ms. Shaye, but we love her just as much.  Linc really loves them and learns so much each day.  It was so sweet of them to plan an even to celebrate the moms.  Preschool is super fun when you have great teachers to challenge, inspire and nurture each day.
 I loved hanging out in Linc's classroom for a bit.  He reminded me a million times to come to school and have brunch.  I wouldn't have missed it for the world!  (I did run over a piece of metal on the way and had a completely flat tire by the time I left work that evening, but it was worth it!)
I hope this video works . . . I'll check and delete it later if it doesn't.  The kids sang us the cutest songs.  Well, I'm not sure if I would say that they sang.  Mostly they just screamed.  It seemed like a contest of who could scream the loudest.  A few of the kids were covering their ears, but Linc was thrilled to show off his new songs.  Also, there wasn't a dry eye among the Moms.  We ate it up!!!
After church on Sunday, we met Nana and Pops at the new Omni Hotel in downtown for brunch.  It was too yummy, and I can't even begin to describe all the food we ate.  WOW is all I can say!  I got a semi-cute pic with my boys before the feast began. 
Daddy took Lincoln on a Mother's Day shopping trip on Saturday, and Linc was in charge.  He told Daddy that Mommies like roses and cards, so roses and cards they bought.  I understand that it was incredibly difficult to pick the cards.  He settled on Charlie Brown from him and Beau and Mickey Mouse from Daddy.  He and Daddy hid the roses and cards from me until Sunday morning, and he was so (not) secretive about what was going on.  I love that he gets into giving gifts.  Lincoln truly has a giving heart and gets so excited about special days, even when they aren't for him.  I pray I can teach Beau the same thing . . . I will be one lucky Mommy for years to come!  I wished a Happy Mother's Day to all of the ladies who mother me and my children.  The list is long, and I am so appreciative of everyone who mothers us.

No comments: