Thursday, December 29, 2011

Lincoln's Eating Adventures!

This post is amazing to me because I couldn't have imagined that Lincoln would be trying so many yummy things. A few months ago (even a few weeks ago) we were still in our usual eating routine. Lincoln's meals were meat (chicken, turkey, ham), steamed veggies (no sauce or dip), cheese and bread. That's about it!!! Suddenly he's been interested in branching out, and we love it! Here's just one day of adventurous eating:

This morning we met Nana and Pops at Cindi's for breakfast. He knew like their yummy pancakes (that Lincoln wanted butter on!), but he wanted to try bacon to go with it. Success!

I know it seems like every kid likes hot dogs, and mine does too. It was just the way he ate hot dogs that was different. He insisted on the actual Nathan's (yes, we've made the switch from Hebrew Nationals!) dog cut into bites and the bun on the side of his plate. The left side to be exact. I convinced him to put the hot dog in the bun and got big laughs. He was so proud of eating a "big hot dog sandwich" today!
My Aunt Sarah and Cheryl are visiting from Arkansas and wanted Campisi's for dinner tonight. That's one of my favorites too. When I got back with the pizza, Lincoln was so excited to have a bite. I couldn't believe he would eat pizza with stuff on it, but he was brave.

It seems my picky little eater is growing up a bit. What's next: sushi?!?!? Not with me!

No comments: