Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Reading Lesson

Ms. Kristi (who works with Pops) gave Lincoln lots of books when he was little, and she's done the same for Beau. Lincoln thinks it's fun to read with Beau, but he is not interested in Beau grabbing his book to slap it, chew it, or throw it. Luckily one of Ms. Kristi's books was a duplicate of one we already had! Each kid gets their own copy of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? Lucky boys! Lincoln thinks it's fun to read along and turn his pages while I read to Beau. Lincoln is still a bookworm and gets excited to read, and I hope Beau will be the same. I have returned to my love of reading since Nana got me the Nook back in May. I don't have that much time, but I find ways to get in a few chapters each day. Pumping at work is my favorite time to utilize the Nook. It sits on my lap while I pump, and it just takes a swipe of the finger to turn the page. Beau may be drinking breast milk until he's 18 just so I can have a reading break! (A few of my recent favorites: The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo (trilogy), Unbroken, Sarah's Key, and an oldie-but-goodie The Hunt for Red October.) Thank you to EVERYONE who buys us books to enjoy.

No comments: