Sunday, October 16, 2011

Beau is 7 months old!

Beau is 7 months old! He's the sweetest, smiliest, happiest, most not-laid-back 2nd child ever, and I love it! I always heard the 2nd child was totally laid back, but I wouldn't describe Beau that way. He is completely happy when you're doing what he wants to do - like being held (by Mommy) or standing at the ottoman/toy bin. Here's what Beau's up to at the ripe old age of 7 months:

weight - 19 lbs - same as last month. He's hefty, but not really fat. I think he just looks solid! I'm sure every offensive lineman says the same thing about himself, right? There aren't many baby foods that Beau doesn't like. Applesauce seems to not agree with him, but everything else is a go. He eats at 8, 11:30, 3, and 6 - baby food, cereal and 6 oz breast milk. I also pump him full of milk at 8:45 for a good night's sleep. We've introduced Puffs this month, and he LOVES them! I can't get them on the tray fast enough. He mastered picking them up and shoving his whole fist in his mouth quickly! As soon as he gets a few teeth, our menu will expand greatly!


sleep - 9 pm through 7:30 am - Beau is a good sleeper, and I'm so thankful his body gets a good long time at night to recuperate for the next day. Most nights are very peaceful, but he'll get in a bad routine of waking up and screaming for 10 minutes or so right at 10 pm. I sit and watch the monitor anxiously until he falls back asleep. I don't know why I'm so worried - what's he going to do in that lonely crib? Naps have never been my specialty, so I try to go with what he wants to do. If he sleeps late, no morning nap but 2 hrs in the afternoon. If he's up early, 30 min in the morning and 45 in afternoon. I can't ask for much more than that, or he'll revolt!

playing - Beau is such a fun player! He loves to stand up and "walk" around the ottoman/toy bin. He doesn't require complete assistance, but he'll topple over if you let go for long! If he sees something he wants far away, you better be prepared to help him go after it. He just takes off! Luckily Lincoln is ok with sharing sometimes, and Beau doesn't get put out too much. I usually convince Lincoln to trade a toy for what he's wanting of Beau's. No one seems to mind! Beau is into chewing things, books (chewing and slapping them), light up toys, and throwing (he throws everything!).

Happy 7 Months to Beau! It seems like such a short time, but so much has changed since the day he was born. I forgot how rapid the changes are in the first year. Beau really is the sweetest, smiliest, happiest, most awesome little guy ever!

No comments: