Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day

We celebrated the first day of February with a Snow Day - yay!!! It began raining last night then turned to ice then snow, and we all awoke to lots of frozen stuff on the ground. Just two days ago, we were playing outside in shorts because it was 75 degrees. Texas weather is crazy!!! Today the wind chill was 1 degree!!! Lincoln asked to go outside and see the snow, so we bundled up in three layers of jackets and headed out. First he checked his bubble stash, but the wands were frozen in the bubble solution. Second he checked on his car, but it had ice all over it. Hmmm . . . this isn't going well!
He ventured about halfway down to the street and decided it was time to go in. He said, "Mone (come on), Momma." Then he said, "No play in the snow." And that was that! He turned around and headed back inside.
I should note that he was very unhappy about having to wear mittens. We debated this one a long time, but I assured him he wasn't going outside without them. By the time we got to the hat, he wasn't into arguing anymore. What a relief!!!
We had fun inside for the rest of the day. We worked on learning our letters, putting together puzzles, singing silly made up songs, and cleaning the floors. Linc helped "mop" (his favorite thing to do) while I swept, then got out his vacuum while I used the big one. He finally lost interest so I could use the mop myself. He's such a great helper and always wants to be involved with anything I'm doing. I'm sure he'll be a great help when Beau arrives. I think the forecast tonight is 8 degrees, and we're definitely not used to that here. They may close work again just because it's too cold!!!

No comments: