Monday, January 31, 2011

22 Months

What can I say about a 22 month old that another Mom hasn't already said? Life is full of ups and downs for a kid this age. The ups are so high and the downs are so low. I'm just trying to remember the funny moments when things aren't so funny. Lincoln has so much personality that I think he can't get it all out. He talks constantly, and everyone we meet comments on how much he talks. He is very observant and always tells me what's going on. He noticed a couple of cats in a house while on a recent walk and said, "Kitties in the window, Momma." He constantly tells me something Elmo said in one of his movies like, "Dinosaurs eat the leaves." He loves to roar especially!!!! Many nights he'll sit in his bed and talk for half an hour before he falls asleep. One night I heard him say "Donald Duck has a lion and says roar. Donald Duck lost his lion." We still love to sing along with our Sesame Street CD player. He's very serious about the order in which the songs are played and the page that goes along with it. Don't mess with the CD player!!!
Eating is hit or miss as usual. We'll have a good week of consistent eating then he'll feel crummy and not want much of anything. I always cheer when the scale is above 25 pounds! Even though he's not gaining any weight, he's definitely doing some growing. More and more clothes are culled from the closet and tossed in the "Beau basket." This past week he was really into fruits and carrots . . . the other stuff was just ok, but I couldn't serve enough of those two things.
Excuse the picture quality below, but it was too cute not to share. Linc struck this funny pose before heading out the door the other day to blow bubbles. He was singing the Bubble Song and did a little booty shake! He makes up lots of songs and they are sooooo sweet!
I came in from a walk to find this kid in my living rom! Elmo accessories were strewn all over the room and he was taking a break! Don't mess with Elmo around here . . . he's pretty much the most important guy ever! Elmo stickers, CDs, movies, books, blocks, cups, shirts, socks - you name it, we've got it!
Even when we have to leave gymnastics early because someone's throwing a fit, I still love the little guy to pieces. He is amazingly smart and funny. I love that he's soaking up every word I say and trying to use it correctly. I know there are a lot more ups than downs, and I'll enjoy every second!

No comments: