Friday, January 14, 2011

Still a Little Book Worm

Although Lincoln has really been enjoying playing with toys lately, he always goes back to his books. We buy a lot of books! I think each time we go to the store, we get a new one! I'm sure if there's one thing it's ok to be overindulgent on, it's books!!! Besides, all our favorite stores have a great selection of Elmo and Mickey Mouse books. Our latest Mickey book came with little figurines of all the characters, and Linc really loves that! (I'll admit that Chip (of Chip and Dale) is hiding from us right now, but he'll turn up!) He stands them all up and rearranges them over and over.
He's memorized the little Sesame Street set from when he was a baby, but he still loves them. These used to be bedtime books, but we've graduated to nursery rhymes. His favorite rhymes are Humpty Dumpty, Hey Diddle Diddle and Sing a Song of Sixpence.
Linc is great at identifying objects and pictures, so he practices a lot using his books. I'll never be able to count the words he knows. He surprises me all the time by identifying something new or using a word in a new way.
I'm re-reading Pride and Prejudice for the millionth time right now, along with What to Expect Toddler version. Kevin's reading the latest D Magazine. I hope Lincoln will continue his love of reading and help pass it along to Baby Beau!

No comments: