Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fun and Busy Weekend

It seems like we've had a busy weekend, though we really didn't have anything going on. Linc and I joined Nana and Pops on a "Baby Beau Shopping Spree" at Babies R Us on Friday. I have been telling people that it's so easy to have another boy because we have everything . . . I think the two shopping carts I filled up proved me wrong. We got lots of fun stuff and lots of necessary stuff, and Lincoln had a blast playing at the store. Of course, Lincoln did lots of mopping over the weekend. We should have the cleanest floors in all of Dallas, but somehow they don't seem that way.

Gymnastics was fun, dinner at Mattito's was yummy, and playing outside in the wonderful weather was great. Lincoln helped Daddy with one of Beau's new items - the glider. They worked hard and did a great job getting it set up.
Someone was looking extra cute for church . . . Lincoln!!!!

I found myself in the "cookie craze" again on Sunday afternoon, and I made TWELVE dozen cookies! I know, I know . . . I've lost it! My back (and everything else) has totally given out, and I told Kevin we might have a baby in the next few hours! I began making Valentine cookies for a work thing, and it just snowballed. We ended up with peanut butter cookies with M&Ms, sugar cookies with M&Ms, chocolate chip cookies, and white/dark chocolate covered heart cookies. Here's my last batch! I think we'll take a cookie break for a while! I was lucky not to have a "helper" with my baking this time. I did find a few taste-testers, but they didn't do too much damage.

No comments: