Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Little Extra

Lincoln is EXTRA cute these days. He is so giggly and silly and keeps us laughing constantly. His favorite things to say right now are, "Hey Mommy!"and "Morning Daddy!". He's really into "greeting" people I guess. He's the best little repeater ever. I told him "be back in a sec babe" and I heard him say that to his Mickey pillow a few minutes later. He caught me in the shower after I told him I was just going to the bathroom and said "Mommy no teetee - Mommy in the shower!" He doesn't miss a thing!
Lincoln is EXTRA smart these days, too. He really takes in our surroundings and pays attention in the car. He can always tell me where we're going before we get there. Turning on one particular street means we're going to Ammy and E's, pulling into the shopping center parking lot means we're going to look for an Elmo or Mickey book, driving down the access road means we're almost to church, and entering our alley means he needs to start bossing me around about what to do when we get home. It's unbelievable that he recognizes where we are!
As for Mommy . . . my feet are EXTRA swollen, my back is EXTRA sore, and my nerves are EXTRA shot! I guess I'm realizing how soon Baby Beau is going to join us, so we're in hurry up mode around here. I washed all of his stuff today which was quite a task. Why does he need so many things???? The crib and dresser are at our house, but we had to reorder the chest - trying not to panic!! Samantha came over to get us started on painting tonight, and we just need to get the trim and accent pieces done. It has been a super busy weekend, but I'm glad we got so much accomplished. Kevin put together his new desk (it had 29 steps!) successfully - now I've just got to get him started on the crib and closet unit. I know we're all EXTRA tired and will sleep well tonight!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Hang in there! Don't work yourself too hard. Best of luck in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to see pics of your new little one!