Tuesday, June 1, 2010

14 Months

Apparently I've forgotten to make the "monthly update" post a couple of times, so I'll try to catch up. At 14 months, Lincoln is one wild little man! He's such a sponge and picks up everything . . . the good and the bad. He is still very sweet and loves to cuddle, hug and kiss with Mommy. He also can throw a fit like I've never seen and can be extremely bossy! Is there a stage called "Almost Terrible Ones"???? Here are his stats:
Weight
22 pounds - He's definitely not fat! He goes through phases of eating a ton and not eating much. Our consistent favorites are sweet potato fries, carrots, green beans, roasted chicken, crescent rolls, and ice cream. New this month: black beans and brownies!
Height
No clue - Seriously, I can't get him to stand in one place long enough to measure him. The growth chart on the wall is looking sad because we can't put a new marker on it. Maybe he'll cooperate one day soon! He seems to be about the same height as the other kids at school, so I'll assume he's normal.
Words
Dada - ALL the time! Whenever Kevin enters the room or walks by, Lincoln shouts Dada at least 10 times . . . as if I didn't know who it was!
Ball - Since he loves tee ball, golf, basketball and all other types of balls, we hear this word very often.
Mama - He rarely says this anymore, which breaks my heart. I'm trying to reintroduce it, but he's only interested sometimes. While he won't say Mama, he won't let me be one inch away from him. Seriously, when will this phase end????
Mah - This one means milk, and he says it often. If he spies his cup, he yells "Mah" until he's got it in his hands.
Uh-uh - Actually Uh-oh, but it's close enough. We're still in the stage of purposely dropping things just so we can say Uh-oh. My back is still holding up despite countless retrievals of whatever object he's thrown from the changing table!
Moooo - The cow sound still applies to all animals. Whatever!
Dock-ah - Socks and shoes still get this word. I'm counting it as a word because he only says it when I ask him to get his shoes or when I put on his shoes. It is very consistent, though not exactly correct.
Up - He's very clear with this word when he wants up in a chair.
Na na na na - Lincoln asks this in the question form when he knows he not supposed to do something (unplug the lamp, dig in the trash, etc). He then repeats this as a statement when I confirm that in fact it is a no no no no.
Fun Party Tricks
Lincoln makes a motor sound when pushing his cars around.
If I tell him to go to his room and get a diaper, he pulls one out of the diaper stacker and waits on me to come change him.
He can find you anywhere in the house if you yell "Do you want some ice cream?"
He uses the bat to rake the ball out from under the changing table.
Lincoln can point to his toes, his nose, your nose, and his ears when asked.
What an amazing kid! I swear he learns so many new things everyday, and I can't even remember all of them to record. I'm sure I'm missing a few "skills" . . . oh, well! We're just enjoying each moment with this little sponge!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Ive been working the toddler classroom a LOT these past couple of weeks... we're supposed to be teaching them some sign language.... but they only seem to pick up the sign "more," but it has actually helped them with speaking it! they say "moh" and do the sign! Does Lincoln's school do any signing?

Misty said...

That's funny he says "mooo" for every animal. Kolby likes to say "huh huh" (like a dog) for every animal. Babies and their sounds are so cute!