Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bye-Bye Bottles!

I forgot to mention a BIG transition for Lincoln . . . no more bottles!!! We went to the cup around 10 months (why didn't I blog about that?????) but kept the bottle for bedtime. At Lincoln's 12 month appointment, Dr K suggested we stop the bedtime bottle ASAP. Well, he doesn't live here so he doesn't get to make all the rules! I put it off as long as I could, but this is the second week of the bedtime cup. It's gone remarkable well, especially considering my anxiety. On the first night, Daddy continued his routine of two stories and gave Linc the cup. I stood by the monitor with a bottle waiting for the inevitable meltdown. No meltdown!!! He seemed to burp quite a bit, which was out of the norm. We took the suction thing out of the cup, so he's really a big boy now! He doesn't drink as much, but he's still sleeping about 11 hours. Sigh - just another reminder that he's not a baby anymore.

No comments: