Monday, May 31, 2010

Silly Singing

We have mad love for Sesame Street these days!!!!!! I'm sure I've mentioned before how much we love Elmo, Big Bird and the gang . . . but it's really getting serious! At the end of a long day of playing with school friends, art and recess, I think Linc enjoys a bit of down time with the Sesame Street characters. During dinner, we watch "Sing Yourself Silly" to relax, have a few laughs, and of course sing! Grumps burned us a DVD from Allyson's old (from when she was 2!) videos. I already knew the words, Lincoln was sold from the get-go, and Kevin has embraced the humor and value. Of course we all have our favorite songs . . . especially Lincoln. When Kermit is helping Don Music come up with the lyrics to "Mary had a Little Lamb", there's no disturbing him. They finally figure it out (and Mary ends up with a bicycle instead of a lamb), and Lincoln raises his arms to conduct the singing of this masterpiece. Without fail, each and every time he does this. It's too funny!
He also does this when they sing the song about the number 7 with the Alligator King. Apparently these are the best ones! I am partial to Elmo's Song, which Lincoln always helps me sing. Thank you Sesame Street for providing laughs and learning, and for not making me feel guilty about letting my kid watch TV.

A note to the Mom's who read this blog: Amazon.com has both "Sing Yourself Silly" and "Elmo's Sing Along Guessing Game" in stock. I promise you won't regret it!!!!!

No comments: