Wednesday, May 5, 2010

School News

What a week it's been so far! Lincoln is "transitioning" to the Toddler Room at school . . . each day he spends a bit more time with the big kids until he moves permanently next week. Luckily his besties, James and Liam, are ready to move with him. They've been having all kinds of fun having snacks, playing on the playground and even eating lunch at the big table. Linc cried the first time Ms. Toke dropped him off at the new room, but he's been eager to play every other time. Since we'll be in the big kid room, we couldn't take a baby diaper bag anymore - Linc needed his very own backpack! Daddy showed it to him before school.
Um, it didn't go so well. I don't think Lincoln is ready to carry his own backpack yet!
I learned my lesson and didn't try to make Linc carry his own backpack after that! Check out his excitement when leaving for school this morning.
All smiles . . . ready to get to school and play!
I met one of his new teachers, and I really like her. She's our age, really creative and has lots of arts and crafts in mind. I know Lincoln will be happy with the big kids - wait, I think he is one of the big kids!

1 comment:

the box family said...

i love his backpack! i can't believe he is turning into a big kid, too! we do need to catch up more the next time and definitely have a playdate...lincoln can show mccoy all his cool tricks!