Sunday, April 5, 2009

What A Week!

I know what you're all thinking . . . "What happened to Monica's promise to post often?" I am officially ready to keep you all up to date on all things Kuhlman and show off my precious angel with lots of pictures. Because I haven't been able to talk with everyone, here's how it went down:
Sunday afternoon (3-29) I began having contractions while we were running errands and waiting on my parents and Allyson to arrive. I was making brownie cupcakes and blue sprinkled chocolate pretzels to take to the hospital for our visitors when the contractions began getting stronger, so I finally told Kevin about them but we didn't tell anyone else. By 8:00 the pain was pretty severe and regular so we started timing. By 9:00 the contractions were 5 minutes apart so I called the doctor. He said to head to Medical City, so we finally let our parents in on the news. By the time we got to the hospital, they had increased in intensity and were just over 3 minutes apart. I'm waddling in, thinking the baby is about to fall out!! When they check me out, however, I'm only dilated to 3 centimeters - and I'm not happy about that. They went ahead and hooked me up to a monitor and decided since the contractions were so severe, I should stay. The epidural wasn't a pleasant experience, thanks to a crooked bed. We finally got it right on the 4th try, but Kevin lost feeling in his fingers for the rest of the night. Sorry! After monitoring all night, I still wasn't past 3 centimeters but the baby wasn't responding well to the contractions and had climbed back up away from the exit. The doctor and nurses discussed a C-Section, and we all agreed that Lincoln wasn't coming out on his own. Finally, at 6:47 am Lincoln joined our family. I'll post more details about the celebration and recovery tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that everything worked out! I have been thinking of you so much and hoping that little Lincoln is doing just fine! Send me some pics soon! I am 6 months prego! :)
Kristy

Trent, Amanda and Kennedy said...

Yeah!!!! I am so excited that baby Lincoln is finally here! Congrats to you and Kevin!