Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What a kid!


I though this picture was too cute, so I had to post it. Lincoln was making his "serious" face while napping this afternoon. As you can see his pants are too big again! He doesn't wear pants much around here. I swaddle him for sleeping so he would get pretty hot with pants, and they are all pretty big right now. We joke that he has his dad's skinny legs! He spends lots of time in his Bobby Bouncer. This was heaven-sent, as he gets his best sleep here. Thanks, Aunt Marte! He definitely challenged me today . . . he didn't want to sleep much. We spent lots of time in the rocker and did lots of singing, and that seemed to keep him content. The weather was so nice and warm, so we took advantage and went for a walk. We got dressed and strolled down to the end of our street and back. It was a beautiful day, and Lincoln happily took it all in. One thing: I've never noticed how many bumps there are in the sidewalk. It seemed like there were huge bumps and ridges every few feet. I'll need to use the ATS (All Terrain Stroller)! Luckily, he's been sleeping well at night, and I hope that continues. He and I have agreed on an eating schedule, and it's working out to about every three hours. Things are going as well as expected at our house. We're getting used to the demands of a baby, we're learning how best to calm crying, we've re-prioritized our tv shows (and cut many of them-really, who needs to watch 90210!), and we're more enamored with Lincoln every day. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

so glad you guys are getting the hang of it! he's cute! the DVR is the best thing ever with kids... tv when you can!

Anonymous said...

Monica,

He is absolutely precious! We can't wait to meet the little guy. Talk to you soon!

Mandy

Anonymous said...

So that is the bouncer that Lincoln (and you) are in love with! I have one picked out for our little boy just like that! Keep the pics coming - I love them!
Kristy