Friday, April 17, 2009

Two Weeks Old!

Lincoln is two weeks old! (Sorry for the late post!) We celebrated his birthday with a visit to the pediatrician on Tuesday morning. Kathy was able to accompany us, and boy was it an adventure. My first check-up was first, and all went well. Dr. Milstein said I'm doing great and can go on with life as normal. I began working out this week, much to the dismay of my muscles. My new workout DVD is quite a challenge for my arms, legs, and abs. (Oh, and I'm definitely in need of a better sports bra. Things need much more support when filled with milk!!) Lincoln's appointment was next and let's say he'd gotten a little impatient waiting for his turn. By the time we got across the street to Dr. Karam's office, he was definitely mad. Of course they made us wait a bit and the wailing increased. In his defense, he missed his nap and had gotten hungry. I had it timed to nurse immediately after the appointment, but he'd gotten restless. Here's Lincoln yelling at the nurse:


The results from our visit were great, and we really do like Dr. Karam. He checked out perfectly, but we already knew that! Then the mean lady had to come give him a shot and draw blood for his PKU test. Of course that didn't calm his crying any, and it even made Mommy shed a tear or two. (What?! My baby was in pain, and it hurt my feelings!) Lincoln's two week stats:

7 lbs 10 ozs - he gained 6 ozs! They just wanted him back at birth weight, but Mom's super milk and Lincoln's super appetite did way better than that!

20 1/4 inches - he grew 1/4 inch! He looks like he grew more, and Mom's not sure about the "technical" way they measured him. I think she kind of guessed!
Kevin gets to give Lincoln a bottle each night before bedtime, and I enjoy their bonding. Kevin is so funny when learning new baby things. He is so cautious and worried that he's doing something wrong, but they are doing great each night. Here's a pic from their first feeding:

1 comment:

Megan said...

has his belly button fallen off yet? we just got two news babies at work and they are 6 weeks old and soooo tiny. i need to come see you guys soon!!!! 4 weeks of school left!