Monday, April 6, 2009

I made it back . . . between feedings! So I'll pick up where I left off in Lincoln's birth story. Lincoln joined us at 6:47 am, and Kevin got to hold him just moments later. I'm glad I was awake for that. The nurse handed him the baby and said, "Just hold him like a football!" Here's a pic from our first few moments together.

While we were getting introduced, the grandparents and Aunt Ally were waiting anxiously to meet him. After a bath and the necessary tests, the nurses announced what everyone already knew - he's perfect! The next few hours were kind of a blur, and I'm heard on the video frequently asking for the pain medication button. Luckily, it was very manageable. The nurses took such good care of us at Medical City. We must have had the best baby on our floor because all the nurses hung out in our room just visiting. We had lots of friends come meet Lincoln, and I think he was pretty good for them. Finally, Thursday arrived and we could come home. The doctor kept saying how big he thought Lincoln would be, so I didn't bring his smallest clothes to wear home. Mom, Kathy, Kevin and I laughed so hard when we saw how big the outfit was. He looked cuter than ever! Here's the hilarious result:


Our time has been filled with firsts since then. First nursing session (it went pretty good), first diaper change (I'm a pro!), first little fit (swaddle and swing), and of course love at first sight. We're so lucky that he's a good baby. He eats often, has lots of diaper changes, lets anyone hold him, and really only fusses when he's hungry. Did I mention that he's the cutest baby in the world? Even at 4:00 am when I want to go back to sleep, he makes me laugh with his cute faces. He has so many looks, and I'm never tired of staring at him.

5 comments:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

He is SOOOOO precious. We can't wait to meet him in person...Seems like yall are adjusting quite well to life with little Lincoln! Congrats again!!!!

Jamie said...

great pics! thanks for sharing! I'm so glad you are doing well! Can't wait to see you guys and meet little Lincoln!

Megan said...

once you get youre routine down I am coming over!!! and whenever school is over i am going to visit you like crazy on your maternity leave and we will walk :)

i keep thinking about you guys!!! glad everything is going so well!

Anonymous said...

Monica - You are a pro at being a mother! I think his going home outfit was absolutely precious! I have been thinking of you and I am so glad that you are doing so well!
Kristy

Trent, Amanda and Kennedy said...

He is adorable! Love the picture of him in the blue outfit! He looks so comfy!