Thursday, April 30, 2009

One Month Old!



Happy Birthday to Lincoln! I am amazed that he's been here for one month, and I don't know how we ever lived without him. He keeps us entertained and keeps us laughing, sometimes makes us crazy and occasionally makes us cry (good and bad!). Here's what's going on with Lincoln at one month:
*Weight: 9 pounds 4 ounces (That's two whole pounds gained since birth! We definitely don't have a milk problem around here. He's a healthy eater, and at each feeding he acts like he hasn't eaten for days. I try to make sure I'm eating the right things for him: lean grilled meats, lots of veggies and fruits, and plenty of water. A few desserts but still no caffeine.)

*Height: 21 inches (He's grown one entire inch since birth. I professionally measured with a yard stick a few days ago. He seems to stretch longer every day.)

*Diapers: 14 per day (I know, I know! It is amazing that I change 14 diapers each day, and they are all wet and messy! According to the books and doctor, this is perfectly fine . . . even good. They say his digestion is superb.)
*Skills: He smiles! It has really only happened twice, and I know it wasn't related to gas! His diaper was clean and there was no tooting! I tickled his toes and feet and got a big smile. It wasn't a fluke because Kevin got the same reaction to tickling him later that night. It was wonderful.
*Development: He is quite a BobbleHead! He loves holding his head up and looking around when I'm trying to burp him. He only bobbles around after a few minutes. He doesn't get too upset about tummy time, and we know its working. His arm and neck strength is very impressive.

Here are some recent pictures. I had a little photo shoot this afternoon to celebrate his birthday. He was so good . . . until the fourth outfit came out. He'd just about had it so we called it quits. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

I can't beleive he's a month old already!!!! He is absolutely precious...we can't WAIT to meet him in person!!!!

Megan said...

Im coming over soon! only 2 more weeks of school!!!!