Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hot Chocolate with Lincoln

This is one of my favorite pictures EVER!  Lincoln and I woke up before Daddy and Beau on Saturday and snuck outside to enjoy his first cup of hot chocolate in the cool morning air.  He loved the hot chocolate, of course.  I loved watching him experience a simple joy.  Lincoln really does find the good in everything, and it would do us all good to think like he does.  Not a day goes by that he doesn't tell me how beautiful I am, how much he loves me, how I'm the best Mom in the world, and so many other sweet things.  I really appreciate his loving heart . . .  especially when I'm not actually being the best Mom in the world!  He even includes me in his bedtime prayer, and I know he's teaching me so much.  I hope we get to sneak outside for a million more hot chocolates, and we may even invite Beau to join us one day!  (A warm mug doesn't seem like a good fit for Beau's "bull in a china shop" manners!)  We could bankrupt ourselves on this Keurig machine drinking so many of these sweet treats, but it will be worth every cent.  So glad we shared that sweet moment together!

No comments: